Friday, September 16, 2011

Chubby Bubby

I took Jack in to the doc today to get his frenulum cut (that "string" that is under your tongue). His was basically making him tongue-tied and we were having some issues nursing. I'm also hoping that he'll nurse longer and SLEEP longer. Fingers Crossed. But we did get to see how much he weighs- drumroll please...
CHUBBY!
 I weigh 11lbs and 13.5oz! AMAZING. I looked up Luke's weight and at 6 weeks he was 11lbs 3oz. So the nickname Jumbo Jack is fitting!

FYI- getting the frenulum cut was MUCH harder on me than Jack. But Dr. Shah agreed that he totally needed it, so that made me feel better. The nurse held him and Dr. Shah clipped it. Took all of 20 seconds- but he did holler just a bit (and I cried). But within a minute or so, he was good to go. He took to nursing instantly and is latching on much better. Fingers crossed that this continues and we both start to sleep better.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment