Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Jack's First Birthday


taken on friday august 3, 2012

I am so late on posting this! I have been super sick with a sinus infection, so I'm behind on everything these days. SORRY!

But my littlest monkey is officially one. I can't hardly stand it. He's such a big kid now. He's still not really walking independently- but he will take steps now and then. He's just super fast at crawling, so that's his favorite mode of transportation (or snuggled in my arms).

We had my company picnic to go to on saturday, so we didn't have his party until sunday. We also chose to do it in the community room at my work, since it's one large room for everyone to hang out in.

I am so bummed that I didn't get any pictures of all the cute decor. I was so sick, and so busy that I just totally forgot. Breaks my heart! We had a super cute dessert bar with a variety of treats from this great place called Le Cookie Monkey. I also made this super yummy punch which you can find the recipe here (make sure you read all the instructions, as i didn't and had the "ugly foam". i blame it on my head cold). It was all decorated in monkeys- and i did create a things for the event, and those I can show you!

the invites!
the banner hanging up in the room!
our dessert menu
another cute sign I made and had framed

and here's a few pictures i have of the event! Jack with his cupcake (which he was so NOT interested in. He wanted watermelon instead), and we played pin-the-tail-on-the-monkey too. The older kids seemed to love that. I also made them monkey goodie bags thanks to amazon where i got these cute boxes (thank you dollar store for all the goodies i put inside!) and inflatable monkeys

Singing him happy birthday!
luke playing pin the tail on the monkey

So things I learned for next year: TAKE BETTER PICTURES!! sigh... and of course, try not to be sick!

Onto the next adventure...




No comments:

Post a Comment